View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Johnny, is that a true story?
Yeah it's true, but was probably really old and was no good. He tried it one night and said nothing happend which is lucky for him because after a few hours he took four more hits. Either the sheets were never sprayed or the chemicals used only last so long, my guess is only good for so long.
Here is another true story, a friend of mine from back in the day was following the Dead one summer around 1990, one of his college friends was selling lsd at the shows to fund his trip ( no pun intended ). He had a couple of sheets folded up in his pocket and got caught in a rain storm and the sheets were not in plastic, when his pants got all wet the acid went into his leg and he collapsed and fried his brain like Syd Barrett. They were all pre law students so it wasn't like he was a burnout but ended up in a mental instituion unable to function at all. It sounds like an urban legend but I have never heard it before or since and my friend swore it was true and he wasn't the type to lie. He went on to choose between Cornell and Lewis and Clark and went to L&C since he went into environmental law and is very successful. I always felt bad for his friend and just shows how one mistake can ruin your life. Sorry to get so off topic but I had forgotten all about this until now.