View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Peter Wilk

Default Reply to Todd

I told you - I do not have a beef with you at all. I am making a point. When you bid on the GAI 7.5 card knowing there were no refunds - the case should be closed. As an experienced collecter you as much as anyone know the possibilities buying any card in any TPG holder. Read the post from Peter Spaeth - he says the same thing. I have bought many cards in many situations - Ebay, Large Auction Houses and Privately in all different holders - BVG, PSA, SGC, GAI, PRO and others. It is always a crap shoot as to whether any other grading company will agree with the first grading company. That is the risk you take if you bid on that item in an auction - you know the holder - it is an important part of your decison whether to bid or not. SGC could also easily be wrong - it may not be trimmed. Also, how does the seller know that the buyer will not return a very similar card to the one the seller sent (a different yet very similar card - possibly trimmed) in the same holder? It has been done many times before.