View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Michael Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimozukawa View Post
So, basically, JSA authenticated a Bender that wasn't signed by Bender's hand? I mean, I would assume that if his "C" loops usually didn't touch, and his "B" usually started at the top, then the T206 was signed by Bender after he... went on a bender?

Another thing about this card that has me wondering...

The Bender w/ no trees is a relatively rare card, so why wouldn't the "old lady" have the card authenticated along with the autograph? I mean, this is the logic I would assume for someone who knew nothing about the hobby...

"Wow! Dad left me a T206. Didn't those nuns just sell one for a million dollars??? I should try to sell mine! It has to be worth even more than that, because it's signed!!!"

Then someone would tell her that it needs to be authenticated. I'm pretty sure at this point, they wouldn't specifically say you need an LOA for James Spence. More than likely, if the dealer she went to had scruples, they'd explain about the autograph AND the card needing to have authentication to realize maximum value.

I mean, does BGS/BVG make tier requirements according to book value of a MINT specimen or of the condition the card is actually in?

If it's the latter, it would have cost, what, an extra $25-$50 to have the card authenticated too... why just stop at the LOA? The entire concept of mounting/framing the card seems misdirected. After all, if the idea was to display it, she could have gotten it encapsulated, then put into a nice display case/box.

Just my thoughts...
You have your right to your opinion. I know all the details though. I dont know if your trying to say that it is fake or not. I don't understand some of what you wrote.

I believe the Bender with trees is the rare one. Correct me if im wrong. I will have you guys talk about this. I wont say anything unless i get a serious question about this card.

I will post the JSA when i get it. Can everyone be patient? I'm trying. lol I just want to prove it to you guys. I appreciate it. Thanks Brandon

Keep it coming!