View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Dave H

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
Ted/All:

The comment about printing in Feb. or April on Demmitt brings up an interesting point. Were T206 and any possible related, contemporary sets, issued continuously from late 1909 until mid 1911 or were there periods where the card inserts were of other subjects and types? I know some T206 cards were accompanied by cards from other sets in the slide and shells but I really do wonder if T206 took off the hot stove season, or at least the peak of winter each time through the cycle.

I finally got a chance to re-read your post after shoveling snow and ice this morning. So, let's see if I can answer you. The cold outdoors with
freezing rain chunks falling on me off the tall oaks woke me up.

I know of these two sets of non-sports cards issued by American Litho (ALC) during the T206 era that may have been intermixed with T206's
at the very start. Very quickly, though, these baseball cards became very popular. Therefore, two T206's were then inserted into a pack.

(a) circa 1909....T42 Birds (OLD MILL, PIEDMONT, and SWEET CAPORAL)

(b) circa 1909....T58 Fish (PIEDMONT, SOVEREIGN, and SWEET CAPORAL

Circa Spring 1911....we have ALC records that indicate in the Spring of 1911 the T80 (Military Men) Gold-Bordered cards were intermixed with
T206's with LENOX, TOLSTOI, and UZIT backs. One T206 and one T80 in a cigarette pack.
By the Spring of 1911, ALC was using up what was left of their T206 stock; so, I would guess that's why they intermixing T80's with T206's.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Did I answer your question ?

TED Z