View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post

I haven't had my 2nd coffee yet this AM....but, I'm not sure I fully understand the gist of what your last post said.

Can you give an example of this ?

TED Z
Ted:

T206 was issued essentially from the end of summer 1909 through the late spring of 1911 and I'm just wondering if the ATC had periods where T206 were not the pack inserts but some other card was. Not sure I've seen anyone comment on that before.

I'm also curious about the T206 captions-they always seemed "machined" to me, much like the theory on the blue captions I guess, i.e. they look like they could have been added after the card images were printed. I believe the T206 theory on captions is they were part of the brown ink pass but if so, would not the blue captioned cards look strange if the brown pass was skipped in say T213-2? I guess I'm trying to reconcile the pre-printed fronts with out brown captions being used for the later sets.

I wonder if the post ATC breakup issues did not use unprinted front inventory from T206 but rather they used the elements used to create those cards instead but with the blue captions. Perhaps many of the T206 litho stones had been recycled for other uses and they just used what was still at hand for the Coupons, etc.