Thread: Value question
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Sorry to hear of an early death for a hobby person and friend of yours. Certainly don't apologize for getting feedback from our Net54baseball family on valuations. Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated, I am sure. Good luck...
Thanks. Kim Clark was a great guy and he and I owned and operated a pretty good baseball card operation during the heyday of cards from about 1987 to 1994. We sold out the winter before the strike and didn't really make out like bandits, but we walked away with all of our bills paid.

Kim later operated an autograph and memorabilia operation called Greenfields.

He was a really great guy...

He has a lot of stuff to liquidate which he had put in storage. He trusted me to find a reasonable return on it to help put aside a little money for his daughter's college over the next year or so. A lot of stuff, I have down cold (most of the cards). He has a lot of auto stuff, much of it from HOFers on items such as balls that will be easy enough to find a reasonable value on. Then he has some just weird stuff, which is where a lot of the value will come from.

I have not set up at a show since for 16 years, but will probably take a table at the philly show...unappologetically to try to blow out a lot of the stuff that will be hard to sell...I will probably take the Mack piece with me there. Have a couple of items I will consign.