Thread: Kevin Keating?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Hank Thomas

Default Kevin Keating

I've set up at shows with Kevin for the last six years, and we've been close personal friends for almost twenty years. In all that time, I've never seen or heard of a single incident questioning his honor or integrity. He's a West Point graduate, was an Army Ranger, has a master's degree from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS), has a wonderful wife and twin boys. Kevin was a collector for many years before he even thought about becoming a dealer, starting at age eleven in 1970 hanging around for hours at the Chicago hotel where the players stayed waiting for them to come out so he could get their autographs. Then he found out you could write to the old Hall of Famers and they would write you back, and he was hooked. As for his expertise? When Jimmy Spence or Steve Grad have a tough one, they walk it over to Kevin. That's the God's truth--I've seen it countless times. And about his prices, show me in the hobby where the highest quality material goes for a bargain? And Kevin only deals in the highest quality material. I think it's probably safe to say he's the biggest dollar volume vintage baseball autograph dealer in the country, so he must be doing something right. Anything else you need to know?
Hank Thomas