View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default be patient and do your homework

First of all welcome to Net54baseball. It's always good to have more collectors with us. It sounds like you have a nice collection although the Topps years you named were made in a large supply. I can't say how many times I have had to disappoint folks in telling them the market for those, in low grade, is good but the prices haven't really taken off the way they were "supposed" to when first bought. There was a lady I worked with not very long ago, a very nice older lady. She said she had always bought Topps box sets for her son (about 10-15 yrs my junior) for each birthday, and just put them away, and was hoping he would have a really nice nest egg when the time came to sell them. This was about 5 yrs ago. I had to let her know that they were worth a bit more than she paid but not a lot more. Maybe $5k for all of them. I think she had around half that into them....but was expecting a lot more value.

On the 3 cards you are looking for......They are very high demand and over the years their values have all inched up slightly. I would have to guess they will continue, but only slightly. Just my opinion and others may know more or have a different opinion. I haven't looked at the links you gave. I would say that if you do a lot of homework, and buy them with characteristics you like, you will be fine. AND If you buy them right they are fairly blue chip cards. Good luck and happy hunting!!