View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollys Dad View Post
I generally buy a few vintage cards I want and then wrap them and give them to my wife to give me for birthday, Christmases. Otherwise I would end up with the Stadium Clubs as well!
I do something similar. My wife will tell me how much she is willing to spend, then i buy that much on Ebay, and when the cards come in i give them to her and she wraps them and gives them to me for the holidays. I do this for other occasions too such as Anniversaries, Birthdays, and even Valentines Day.

Here is a great idea i came up with if you want something really expensive. A couple of times i have made a deal with my wife to buy me something really big and then we decide how many occassions it will be for. For instance, i bought my 1952 Topps Mantle PSA-1 this way, with my wife paying for it and it counted for a couple of years of gifts. Sometimes i will put my anniversary and Chanukah together and get something worth more than just one occasion's gift. But mostly i get around $100 - $200 or a little more sometimes for one occasion.

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 12-26-2010 at 10:33 AM.