View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

My Feller story...(seems like everyone has one)...

About 10 years ago I was at a spring training game in Tuscon, AZ and was sitting behind two guys who were clocking the pitcher and keeping score. I struck up a conversation with them and it turned out the one keeping score was Chico Carrasquel. The other was a minor league scout who would call out the pitch speed, location, and type to Chico. We were just talking baseball and the pitcher threw a fastball that sailed in high and tight. Before the scout could even say the speed, the guy behind me says..."only about 90 and he needs to push off his back leg more"...I turn around and there is Feller. My jaw drops and spend the next three innings talking to him and listening to him describe his pitches and the new pitchers and baseball in general. It was a great afternoon.

Fast forward to three months later and I am at a show and Feller is signing. I walk up to him and say hello and before I can say anything else, he asks if I want my signature made out to "Josh or Joshua?" I was floored that he remembered me, much less my name!

Been a Feller fan ever since. A true Great (yes, capital G!). I wish him and his family all the best.

Joshua