View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd guess most people wouldn't have as big a problem with these if the original reprint writing was left on during the aging process. I'd bet most here don't have as big a problem with reprints that are clearly marked. The biggest issue here, I believe, is that these appear created to deceive. Even if the OP is listing them as reprints and selling as such, others won't.

I've bought t206 reprints on this site and no one ever attacked that seller. However, the cards were all clearly marked as reprints. The OP clearly has been stirring the pot in his defense of these cards whether intentional or not.

Personally I have a project that I'd like to do and can't afford and don't want to use originals for it and these reprints would work nicely. I was at a sportsbar where I noticed the tables had cards laminated in some way into the surface. The cards used were like 1994 UD or something, but I thought it might be cool to do something similar witha coffee table and vintage reprints. The cost for originals would be too much and I wouldn't want to destroy them in a table. That's why I previously expressed interest in the cards.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums