View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Max Weder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
Barry- I think the Milwaukee edition with different title and dust jacket is a significant addition. I like the Gehrig, McGraw and Umpire editions being added. I sat in on a SABR discussion on this very topic many years ago and that roundtable agreed that all 19 should be included. As a collector I also think the 1958 Yankee update is different enough to warrant inclusion in a library. That edition appears to be listed in lot 335.
Mike and Barry

I've never thought of Gehrig, McGraw or Umpire as part of the Putnam team histories, but have considered Milwaukee and 1958 Yankess as part of the set.

With ebay, all titles in the set now appear regularly, and Washington and the Phillies can no longer be considered "rare". Only Baltimore seems hard to find in high grade, with the spine on the dj normally found faded due to the original orange.

I'm working on a signed set, as all the authors seemed to be regular signers. (Warren Brown must have signed 50% of the White Sox and Cubs).

Max