View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 08:12 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
There was no live part of the auction for yesterday for the cards. Jonathan from Heritage confirmed that here:

link

Basically, at 10pm CST, all lots entered extended bidding with the 30 minute rule with each lot closing individually.

I thought that many lots that I followed went for really low prices. Both Magie's, I thought were really good deals. I really wish I had more cash on hand to put in a few bids. The Neilson Chocolate Type 2 near set, I thought also went for a good price.

Some lots did go higher than I expected. A Neilson Chocolate Type 1 Ruth didn't meet reserve at $800 (before BP), and I purchased one on ebay (from Mile High) in the same grade for less than $600. Similarly a Willard Chocolate Cobb went for more than I thought it would. There were others like it, but in general, I thought prices were really good where I really wish I had more cash to spend on cards.
The Neilson Type 2 lot went to me...along with the Johnson/Harris Exhibit lot and one of the PSA 9 1967 lots. Let me know if there are any individual cards you might be interested in!

Tom C