View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Leon,

You can probably guess all the directions this can take. I still think that grading a Zeenut with the coupon removed is no different than grading an OJ with the Old Judge ad removed from the bottom. The Zeenut with the coupon removed doesn't meet the size requirement of a full Zeenut from that year. Rather than go on I'll just stop there because this is going to be a case of opinions. One more thing, I've seen the grading companies have a lot of latitude on hand cut card sizes. They should publish a size criteria for hand cut cards so that everyone understands what is going to receive a numeric grade and what is going to get slabbed AUTH.
BTW, Fred, you realize we are on the same side of the argument about grading these kinds of hand cut cards? Besides high numerical grades on shadows of Old Judge cards, the grading of these "strip" or "box" cards is one of my biggest pet peeves. As far as publishing a criteria I think it might be different for each series, but the way it's been explained to me is, it is the "amount" of border(s) that are left. I get it, I just don't agree with the way they are done. I think they should all have a "handcut" caveat on their flips. At least then, no matter what, they will be technically correct.