View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Tony Ooten

Hi Zach,

This thread: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=126837 has alot of good info that pertains to your question.

I'm always amazed when I hear that folks have so many t206's and average $10 per card or less. That certainly would be a challenge for you.

I'd say it would take incredible patience, diligence, and luck to start today, and put together even a poor condition set at an average cost of $10 per card.

Hopefully in the responses to your thread, there will be more insight as to how to acheive that $10 per card goal.

In the last year, I've collected 67 hall of famers in low, but decent, grade and let's just say the average I paid per card is ALOT more than $10.

Of course I've never even attempted flipping to fund these, either.

Also have collected 70 non-hall of famers and averaged $11 per card.

At that pace, assuming I can find the cards at $11 per card, It'll take 5 more years just to get the rest of the "commons"

That doesn't even account for the 48 southern leaguers at I don't know maybe 50-75 each? Haven't even started tracking those. Nor the remaining hall of famers I need that will probably be about another grand.

Hey, I think the Monster is whispering to me to quit

Good Luck and I'm looking forward to the repsonses to this thread!

Tony