Thread: Chantilly
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:03 PM

I was at the Chantilly show both yesterday (for a short time) and all day today. I had a really good time digging thru the bargain bins. I didn't really see any collectors from Net54, which is very unusual as there are a bunch of guys that go to this show on a regular occasion. The crowd was decent today, but it seemed most there were only interested in the autographs.

Speaking of autographs, it was a great selection of autograph guests including Magic Johnson, George Gervin, and Larry Holmes. Jerry West will be coming tomorrow. Finally, Marco listened when I kept asking him over the years to bring in former basketball players. The Bullets championship reunion was a nice idea, but the backup players like Wright & Henderson barely had anyone in line. The rest of the guys didn't do that much better. I get the feeling Marco wasn't too pleased with the those autograph tickets sales.

This show did bring in some big time dealers like Levi, etc,... I don't think he really sold much, but he seemed to enjoy being down here in Chantilly. A few of the dealers I spoke to said that sales were a bit slow.

I think the vintage card dealers will come down to this show when the vintage card collectors start attending and the vintage card collectors will start coming when the vintage card dealers start to set up there. So it's a catch-22.