View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:02 AM
Mike H.

Don't be pulled in by the fact that experienced baseball collectors or even pennant collectors bid on this piece.

Many vintage baseball collectors have specialties as you know. A person may be an advanced collector of cards, photos, or bats, but know beans about pennants, gloves, and jerseys. Unless they handle and study a particular niche over time, mistakes can be made. Just think about how many Black Sox collectors there are who simply search for anything 1919 Reds and Sox. Any of them would want this piece and 90% may not have a single pennant in thier collection.

Regarding this pennant specifically...NOBODY has experience because these are all one of a kind. Those who bid were pulled in by the allure and look of this pennant, but wishing it real doesn't make it so.

If it was $50 I might keep it just to hang on the wall, but never for a significant sum. I would get a sick feeling in my gut every time I walked past this piece if I paid serious $ for it. Run away and forget it. You will not be sorry you avoided this mistake. You can purchase an amazing and 100% genuine pennant for significantly less than this and enjoy it forever.