View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:49 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Oh yeah, I suppose I better mention the whole reason I stuck my nose in this thread. Go to the Robert Edward Auction website, click on "LINKS", then go to the listing for the New York Daily News "I-Team Blog". From there scroll down to the article Michael O'Keefe penned on September 1, 2010 entitled, "Tumult continues in memorabilia world". Read it very carefully and scrutinize the quotes. One observation I had is that there was none of the usual parting shots from Mr. O'Keefe. Somehow, I would not be surprised if by reading it, a few of you will place a bar of soap in your mouth, and even delete a few comments.
Thank you for pointing this out. Very enlightening, especially the last paragraph of the statement:
Quote:
"There exists a small group of self-serving retailers, chat room participants and media reporters, with their right to free speech, who insist on initiating unwarranted, reckless and exaggerated rumors intended to strike an unnecessary offensive blow to our beloved industry. With the emergence of the Collectible Trade Association of America, these critics can now expect an appropriate and powerful response."

And a shortcut to the full article for anyone else interested:
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ite...emorabili.html