View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Jeff

All that being said is true. But it's a given on anything that you may not be able to recoup your investment. Part of the issue is that ebay is a buyer's enviroment. I guess whether your regard a "price" as being high is related to the prism you view it through. If a card I am looking at/for is priced at 2 or 3 times what the so-called average is currently I don't ask myself if it ever sold for that price and if so then consider the price reasonable.

The issue cuts both ways, if a previous "buyer" overpaid then should succeeeding buyers be willing to bc he did? On the other hand is the "average" a true average? VCP is very good for issues with many transactions but to me it is irrelevant for issues with very few, it can provide a recent snapshot (maybe) but the information is too thin to draw a hard conclusion. Plus even for the "common" issues it still does not capture but a portion of the data.

The fact that many BINs have not adjusted down with the market (for common isues) is just a reflection of the fact that the inventory for the most part does not have to be moved IMO.

I think it is a very interesting dynamic.

Last edited by HRBAKER; 09-03-2010 at 12:18 PM.