View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM

Default National Pickups

I'm a bit late posting my pickups from the national, as I have just gotten around to unpacking. I had a great time at the national; I setup for this one, splitting a booth with a friend of mine who is a long time memorabilia dealer (our booth was the eclectic booth Greg mentioned in his photos). I really enjoyned talking with some fellow net54ers, and many different memorabilia collectors. I picked up an Eagles piece that has eluded me for the past 10 years, a beautiful Black faced toes up nodder - I need the square based black face and a promo to complete my Eagles nodder collection. I also picked up several early football pieces including several pieces to add to my small Carlisle Indians collection. The first piece is a circa 1890's Melon football, with a makers mark that I can't quite make out. Then I picked up a Carlisle Indians fish tail pennant with a great image of an Indian looking football player. I actually bid on this pennant on ebay about a year ago, but lost out. I then picked up two Carlisle programs, a 1906 vs Harvard, and a 1910 vs Brown. Lastly, I picked up a Blacksmiths Shop Carlisle Indians Football team cabinet photo. I already have a Shoemakers shop team photo, so I had to pickup the Blacksmiths when I saw it. These shop teams competed amongst eachother, with the best players also playing on the varsity team. Jim Thorpe played for the Tailorshop during his time at Carlisle.

Last edited by vintagesportflips; 08-12-2010 at 01:29 PM.