View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 PM

Default PX7(Domino discs): New discovery...sort of

I completed my base set of domino discs in 2009, twelve years after starting the set with a Christy Mathewson. Having completed the base set, I decided to try for a master set, which would be two poses of each player (in a few cases 3 poses for a specific player).

Pictured below is front and back views of a disc with the manufacturer, Sweet Caporal, prominently displayed on the front, and on the back a domino with the word "domino" and the factory designation.

With the comfort that I had at least completed a base set, I have not felt any urgency as I slowly work towards the master. On one of my searches for discs, I came across one that I had never seen before...

Now I'm not really a non-sport guy, but when I saw this I was pretty determined to win it. As PX7's were produced from 1909-12, my guess is that this was produced in 1912 to commemorate Wilson's run for presidency. The disc is the standard size, but the front lacks "Sweet Caporal" and the back lacks the word domino and factory desig. As seen in the pic, it does have a domino present. There is no doubt in my mind that it was made by Sweet Caporal during Wilson's bid for president.

Although it's not sports related, it has leaped near the top of my favorite discs. I don't know if it's a one-of-a-kind, but in thirteen years of searching for discs, I have never seen another one. Just wondering if anyone has seen this same disc before?