View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default hey....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan View Post
Thanks for the mention Leon, I was wondering if our meeting would make the board!!! I could tell that you are sincere about everyone enjoying the hobby in their own way. Plus how often can you get both bar servers to try a piece of 1970's Topps gum!

I'm from Cleveland, so I'm partial to having it in the rotation. Baltimore was great in every aspect, except the lighting inside the center seemed a bit rough to me. The location was perfect, with the hotel proximity, ballpark, and surrounding attractions.

Mike
Hey Mike
I doubt I could pick you out from the 3 other guys you were sitting with but that's ok. I am poor on remembering names but pretty good on remembering faces. I do enjoy the hobby a lot and enjoy watching others enjoy it, in their own way. Who cares if it's shiney stuff, old stuff, plastic, non-slabbed etc...? As long as you aren't hurting anyone and having fun with friends it's all good. It brings me back to the days of the late 60's and early 70's when I collected as a kid. Those were the days. So carefree and innocent.....listening to the Astros on the radio, with the next door neighbor gentleman, in the front yard, spitting out sunflower seed shells.....

And Joe D- that is what makes the National great. I go there for the cards and friends and show......MOST others are sort of like yourself in that they like to take in some other things. One small thing is that you mentioned you go there to meet up with friends....well, that is just about as important to me as the cards. So we do have that in common. It was nice hanging out with you and downing a few. Hope to do it again next year!!! regards