View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Peter F

Default My First National Since Parsippany

It's true. I was ready with my list of t206's needed and a keen eye for interesting vintage and was not dissappointed. But since I've been away from the hobby for a while I have a question maybe you can help me with...

what are those ridiculous plastic things surrounding almost every vintage card I saw? They were really weird. Did anyone else notice them?

No but seriously, I do want to say one thing - what are those ridiculous plastic -

A great show. Nice mix of old and older. I hope every vintage collector enjoyed Glenn from New Jersey's table - OMG - beautiful cards, never before seen RPPC of Honus Wagner and amazing memorabilia too. My favorite booth.

Second favorite - The Sporting News archives - thanks to someone who posted (I'm paraphrasing) "don't be afraid to offer lower prices". I did and got a few beauties. I could have spent another 3-4 hours there. Did anyone buy the Goose Goslin photo from about 1965 looking forlorn? I took the one of him grinning widely instead.

and lastly - no one told me about Richard Mason's book on old judge cards (I'm a lurker so I'm saying it in jest) I now know what I need to read before jumping into Old Judge HOFers.

Good stuff. Hope you got to see Boog too.