View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Johnny S

It was my first national so I have no idea what to go by but glad to hear so many say it was a success. I was also wondering what dealers thought as far as attendance and sales. One concern many dealers had was the early closing at 6, on thursday the show seemed to really be buzzing around 3 and on and then all of a sudden they say the show will be closing. It was real slow until the afternoon, some said that they wished it was open 10-8 or even 11-8 or 9 so those driving in from around the area or working could attend. I thought the location was perfect, accross the street from one of the nicest stadiums in baseball and a few blocks from the inner harbor had everything you needed right there. Going to the Orioles game was a blast. It is always fun to be right downtown and this was no exception. The real fun part of the show was meeting all the fellow collectors, many from net54, a couple from my old days in MN and some really nice dealers with incredible cards and the great people at SGC. It was really cool to be in an atmosphere where everyone was a card junkie !! Chicago 2011 !!