View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I wrote the guy back, asking him how this was possible, specifically saying that CD's were not available commercially until 1982 and Hendrix died in 1970.
I am awaiting what I am sure will be a non existent reply .
Game Show Host (John Cleese): Good evening and welcome to Stake Your Claim. First this evening we have Mr Norman Voles of Gravesend who claims he wrote all Shakespeare's works. Mr. Voles, I understand you claim that you wrote all those plays normally attributed to Shakespeare?

Voles (Michael Palin): That is correct. I wrote all his plays and my wife and I wrote his sonnets.

Host: Mr Voles, these plays are known to have been performed in the early 17th century. How old are you, Mr Voles?

Voles: 43.

Host: Well, how is it possible for you to have written plays performed over 300 years before you were born?

Voles: Ah well. This is where my claim falls to the ground.

Host: Ah!

Voles: There's no possible way of answering that argument, I'm afraid. I was only hoping you would not make that particular point, but I can see you're more than a match for me!

Host: Mr Voles, thank you very much for coming along.

Voles: My pleasure.

http://www.skepticfiles.org/en001/claim.htm