View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Dan Bretta

I've only had to offer a second chance on a high dollar item once...the top bidder reneged and said that he entered the wrong amount so I contacted the underbidder and gave him the top bidder's ebay ID so he could check the guy out himself and see that it wasn't me shilling him. He paid me within minutes of the offer. I've been selling a lot on ebay lately and have had almost no problems...I expected to have a ton of problems with ebay's system weighted so heavily in favor of the buyer. You just have to be careful.

A Canadian recently won a big lot of airplane models from me...after I clearly stated in the auction "no international bidders on this lot"...he said that was no problem and that he would just pay with paypal and have me send them to his brother in Utah <----BIG RED FLAG!!! Never send to a different address than the one listed on the paypal account or you WILL GET SCREWED...I told the guy that I wanted a money order if he wants me to send them to his brother. He agreed. I don't think he's trying to scam me, but you can't be too careful.