Thread: How Ridiculous
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Matt Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I don't really think this is something to quibble over. I'm not really sure we know how PSA arrived at the best set of the year. Maybe in 2010, Don Spence added the most cards/upgrades to his Cracker Jack set, and Peter Garcia did absolutely nothing to his set. Then the argument would be how can someone win the best set of the year when they didn't change it at all the entire year? I'm just saying we don't know all the thinking that went into the award. Also, IMHO, just because SGC has a better Cracker Jack set, doesn't mean PSA can't give an award to it if it wants. There are a whole bunch of PSA sets that are better than SGC, and if SGC wanted to award one of the sets that PSA has a better version of, all the more power to SGC.

About the reholdering, I also think that something that just happens, and 2 weeks turnaround is reasonable. I would argue that the turnaround time in a way is not to receive the card back, but to know the grade the card got. (And I know this is very debateable.) I've received damaged holders from SGC after grading, and I've similarly been offered complimentary reholdering. It's a pain and costs money to have to ship it back, but things like this happen. Annoying, but no biggie to me.

PSA can award whoever for whatever they want, fine.

I just think that If I have to pay for shipping for their mistake, then they could at least reholder the card asap. Not that I will ever stop using their service. I live within an hour of their headquaters and everything I ship to them gets there the next day.

I probably don't have a valid complaint but it's very fresh in my mind. (yesterday)

It has now cost me a total 92$ to have this card graded express (had no choice due to declared value). There was really nothing express about it.