View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default update

Leland's continues to offer the two Yankee rings on their site. One ring has zero bids, the other ring (pictured in my original post) has only 1 bid for $750.00. After being ignored by Lelands, I posted at this web site, hoping some other collectors would pressure Lelands to do the right thing and take down the rings.

Because they now updated their site to show "This is not an exact duplicate. It varies slightly from those that the players received. This ring was made at a later date", I believe the bidding is way down on these 2 rings.

Although I think Leland's is wrong and should take the rings down or call them copies, and explain they are not real, at least Lelands did something.

Hopefully, the consigner, who I have watched over the years consign fakes to many of the other auction houses and has consigned this exact ring in past lelands auctions will stop trying to pass off these rings as real. I plan to continue to pressure the auction houses not to list these rings as authentic.

Any ideas of other web sites I can post on to alert the collecting community to what's going on?