View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Gr.eg Per.ry

Just thought I'd mention that in the recent auction I bought a complete set of 1941 Sky Birds that was missing a #2, but instead had two #9 cards. Dean contacted the consignor and I quickly had the missing #2, and I returned the extra 9. Mistakes happen (and the fact that you committed the same mistake as REA demonstrates this) and REA was first class in handling it all.

I agree with most folks here that you have nothing to really complain about, REA gave you everything you wanted, and which I honestly believe is more than what any other auction house would have given you.

You could have got your money back but you sold many of the cards in your set before inspecting it, that is not REA's fault.

And the $63k didn't go in REA's pocket, it mostly went in the consignor's pockets.

A buyer and seller going off of book value to establish the price are bound to have a disagreement, only an open auction can establish the value of a card at any given time.

You should contact them about the other 8, but again, two people with adverse interests are not going to easily agree about the value.