View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

would Robert Edwards auctions take a ring that was different and state that it "It varies slightly from those that the players received".

Contacting Balfour would be difficult. A real salesman sample ring is not supposed to make it to the market place. The people that make the vintage Yankee rings can get around this issue more easily than a modern ring since these old rings do not have names on the side of the ring. They can just produce them and throw them into the market place and say "maybe a salesman sample, maybe a front office ring". In my opinion, there are way too many of them out there to be salesman samples. Furthermore, a well known ring and baseball card collector, Irv learner boasts in his Newsletter that he can "make" any Yankee ring you want. He sells the exact same Yankee ring that you see in the current Leland's auction on ebay all the time (it's up there now).

I feel Leland's is not doing the right thing. Furthermore, the only time they seem to address my issues is when I let them know I will be posting these issues on the internet.

Last edited by sports-rings; 06-16-2010 at 04:14 AM.