View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I read that some consignors have been complaining about how Legendary ends the auctions, and have said they will chose a different auction house next time. If so, which one? The obvious is REA, but REA is only once a year, and for REA, because there are so many items in the auction, there are often multiple lots of the same item, which also drives down prices.
Those auctions that focus most on cards include Memory Lane, Mile High Card Co, Goodwin, SCP, and B & L.

Those that focus about equally on Cards and Memorabilia include Hunt's, REA, Lelands, Clean Sweep, Heritage and Huggins & Scott.

So there are plenty of other options... and I know I omitted quite a few (sorry...)

In all fairness to Legendary, my consignments on the second night did quite well. As a consignor, I really don't like the Individual Lot closing format, but they did seem to realize some good prices in a bad economy. Although they're not anywhere near where Mastro was a few years ago, the quality of the items offered was great. I personally would classify them a "significant" auction house (uh oh - another poll coming?)

Last edited by perezfan; 05-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.