View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
Agreed. Each post T206DK has made on this thread is filled with hostility. Why not find another sandbox to play in? Nobody here needs the chip on your shoulder.
it seems as though my sarcasm has been lost on some who have read this thread. There's no one on this forum who would appreciate morethan me the fact that this T202 might turn out to have Joe Jackson in the picture, but I think it's a stretch to just come out and say it without being able to back it up with some real proof. BOTN if you think my posts on this thread were filled with hostility , then I'll just say you don't know me very well. I'm one of the most amiable collectors you'll ever meet more than likely.
I wasn't trying to demean the original poster either. It was a good topic to explore. there may be other pictures in this set that have guys that resemble Jackson in them as well. The theories proposed are interesting as well as the reactions of many of this posts readers. Too often card collecting has become a way to make a quick buck off of someone whether it's an honest buck or not is up to the seller. Had anyone tried to sell one of the T202's that flew off Ebay or off of Internet store fronts yesterday as a Jackson T202, we would all be talking about that now for sure. For those of you who don't like me knocking the investors/speculators and card flippers. you can just skip over my posts then. I won't stop talking about what I've seen the hobby degenerate into since the early 90's. It's just this type of person who would read a post such as this an then try to take advantage of unknowing buyers by trying to sell them a Jackson T202 for a massive premium. If you think it wouldn't happen you are naive. Check Ebay out any day of the week and you'll see some of the most ridiculous claims and listings. Each week there's new ones that top the previous weeks hilarity.
So Brett, let me say welcome to this board, and your post was a good one to start with !