View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Scott

Fake Scarcity is all it is. Make everyone pay big bucks to try and pull the miracle. That price is ridiculous. I do hope the kid makes it tho, and I hope to see him pitch on tv at some point this year.

Maybe its my age, and my two stages of pack opening. As a real little one starting in 69, and playing the scratchoff games w my friend in 1970 packs, and then trading the coins in 71. Later, in 78 when I got back into it, playing whiffle ball and riding my bike w my friend Chris to 7-11 and buying 78 wax packs by the handful. and constantly seeing Woody Fryman, and screaming when one of those "trophy cards" came out. haha.

Now, I still love the hobby and seeing a great item, but I see the new cards really are just "lottery now". The thrill of building a set, etc. seems to be gone. And yes, the Strasburg card itself.If I had 8000+ to spend on sports stuff, Id buy cool memorabilia or some awesome tobacco cards, not a single card that can blind you for life when the reflection off the sun hits your eyes.