View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Archive

Hi Clayton

Actually I believe your Ford has a wet sheet transfer, its just a very light example. I remember when you emailed me a scan of that card months back. It helped me alot since Fords with a Tolstoi back are hard to find. It also helped me confirm the link between it and it's partner with a Sweet Caporal back.

I don't think anymore Sweet Caporal wet sheet transfers will appear though. At least not from the 350-460 Fac.42 series. Maybe more examples of the 12 players I have listed in my original post, but no other players.

My belief is that the 12 players I listed in my original post make up an entire sheet. Miscuts have played a key in my research. We know from various miscuts that different players were arranged side by side on a sheet. We've also seen miscuts showing the same player's name on the top and bottom of the same card. So this would indicate that each player was printed in a column.

An exception to this is that there are T206s out there with two different player's names on the same card, but of the 12 examples that I've seen so far, none of them have a 350-460 series back. From existing resources, the player selection in the later series seems to be more refine/limited. That might explain why no double name miscuts in the 350-460 or 460 only series. These are some of the factors that lead me to believe that only the 12 players in my original post are on a sheet together.

Thanks to all the members who replied so far to this thread. I appreciate your input.

Jantz

Last edited by Jantz; 02-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.