View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Chris

As far as EPDG, all of the other backs have some reference to a number of backs or "large assortment" or "assorted designs." Coupon 213-1 also reference baseball series but, like EPDG, provide no indication to the size/scope of the distribution...

After thinking on the Cobb/Cobb or any other back, I am content to let 'er rest. In other words, we will never successfully reclassify what is or is not a "T206" and the point that T206 is Burdick's creation is not lost on me. I like and encourage the investigation and theories, but at the end of the day, it is an arbitrary designation and the cards are what they are. It is up to the collector to pick what makes a complete set in their mind.

Put another way, "T206" have a list of backs included; it does not enumerate a set of criteria for being a T206 for us to then catagorize cards. Even if the smoking gun (an advertisement or legal document) conclusively puts Cobb at a later date or different distribution vehicle, it is a T206 becuase a "T206" is a "T206"...