View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

I'm not sure what threads you've been reading, Iggy, but in my opinion you're way off base.

I see Chicago as a guy who came to the board and posed a multitude of interesting theories about a wide-range of prewar issues. He challenged many of the accepted theories (some would call them myths) -- long accepted by hobby veterans who simply hadn't done their homework -- in an intelligent way. As a result, many of these dinosaurs picked on the new kid who had the nerve -- not to mention knowledge -- to back up his theories with facts and figures. And he did so in a way that shouldn't have offended even the most crotchety of old farts.

Despite his pleas that he only wanted to learn about the hobby, dislike toward Chicago snowballed, soon becoming an avalanche of hatred that nearly buried the poor guy. For God's sake, he almost left the hobby because of the venom spewed at him. Can you imagine?

Thankfully, he had a change of heart and continues to try to contribute to the board in a positive way. Too bad guys like you just don't get it.

Lovely day? I don't think so. Not when this kind of behavior is allowed to continue.

Last edited by Rob D.; 04-19-2010 at 05:53 PM.