View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago206 View Post
Yeah, you're a helluva guy.

I've already admited that, to you, I'm not. I don't like you or your style. Since we last talked (about calming down and enjoying the hobby a little), you've started one thread about where you should spend your $4,000, and one about a challenge to board members to sell you a certain back (up to 10 of them) for $500 each.

In this thread, you offered that you know nothing about the game of baseball, have heard of few, if any, of the stars and seem to be proud of that fact.

That all adds up to something very different than collecting. As I said before, it's just you fooling around with your money (and doing it poorly at that.)

It's as if you want to make this board confrontational, so you post things not related to the baseball aspect of the hobby, not even related to the card collecting aspect, but solely related to the financial angle. That's what I will never like.

A person's love of the hobby will never be related to what they earn or what they have. It is related to what they know or what they want to learn. You possess neither the knowledge nor the desire to gain knowledge. What you possess is $4,000 - $5,000. Big deal.

As I've said to you before, good luck to you in your pursuits, but if you continue to post here and be confrontational and controversial, then, yeah , I will continue to take the occasional jab.

(Please note - In this thread, T206 Collector and Potomac Joe are "at it", a little. I won't take sides or jab at either. Both are long time collectors with a different slant on the hobby, and that's OK.)