View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Default Paul Dean no-hitter tickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
I'd say there was a mistake somewhere along the way. Who knows, maybe the guy actually went to this game AND the later games where Dean pitched the no hitter...and maybe he wrote the note of the back of the wrong stubbs. Or maybe he bought them second hand and didn't know any better. It's impossible to know without the original collector being available. This is why it's important for all of us collectors to try and document our collections. Where we got them and any history behind them if available. You got a great Robinson auto so you should be pretty darn jazzed about that and some ticket stubbs from the Cards/Dodgers during a championship year from one of the most famous Cardinal teams of all time. Sounds like a pretty good haul to me.
I have a tendency to go along with Mike's theory about the patron being confused when writing the inscription on the back of the tickets. No-hitter tickets are what I collect. The math definately won't work for these tickets to be from this game, but the inscription certainly appears to be with old ink. Great job on picking up the Jackie Robinson signed index card!