View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

To throw in what I've been doing, I too have started itemizing. I keep a hard copy and computer spreadsheet based on catagories with photos. Team projects are seperated from individual players/hall of famers etc. This works out good because I can see how much I've spent total on a team project as well as the individual purchases. Also good for your Will, Insurance, etc.
For me, I don't have any kids and all nephews and nieces have no interest in Baseball (my sisters and brother obviously did drugs in their youth). I plan on making sure I have all info including auction house contacts etc available to my wife in case I go before her (she killing me slowly so I feel obligated to take her with me ) and if we go together I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. At this point, I think I'd rather have it auctioned off and given to some of our favorite charities. I've been tempted to have some fun on my matted and framed team projects. I'm toying with the idea of having a letter hidden in the back of the framing saying something to the effect that a curse will be brought upon anyone taking apart this project. That would ensure some of my stuff is around for awhile.
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete