View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default ALERT....huge, huge BB card collection theft....UPDATED

With the T. S. O'Connell article in SCD regarding this theft, it is now known that Don Flewelling is the long-time
hobbyist whose collection was stolen. I've known Don since 1980 when he started the Cooperstown Show which
has run continuously on HOF weekend every Summer. Many of you know Don and I'm sure you will agree that he
is one of the great guys in this hobby.

There are some additional descriptions of Don's cards that I am noting here.

His T206 Eddie Plank is ungraded and is Vg-Ex....or perhaps Ex.

The majority of the 70 graded cards from his T206 set are PSA 5 and PSA 6 commons, a few are stars, including
a PSA 5 Chase (pink) and a PSA 6 Keeler (bat)

His T205 set is missing Ty Cobb....otherwise complete.

His T207 set is missing Lowdermilk and Miller....otherwise complete.

His W514 Joe Jackson has a perfect cut on its left side, while the right side is jagged.

While we generally focus our interests on pre-war cards here, it should be noted, that Don's HOF and Rookie card
collection (100's of cards) from his 1948 Bowman Stan Musial to is 1967 Topps Tom Seaver would grade "8" or "9"
or even "10"....had they been graded. You can bet that the thief(s) will be attempting to get these graded.

Please check-out the above posted (Post #91) overall description of this collection and email me directly at........

tedzan11@comcast.net......if you think you have any info that will lead to the recovery of these cards.

TED Z