View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 02:32 AM
Mike Charron / American Sports Antiquities

Hi,

Just some friendly advice if you do go and are looking to purchase some higher dollar items. Don't be afraid to make offers to dealers who have items you are interested in that seem to be overpriced. Most of them have purchased the items for a fraction of the selling price listed in large group purchases.

I specialize in oddball offerings and some of the prices I see initially are so off base it is laughable so I actually let the dealer know that the item is way overpriced and make an offer. You would be amazed at how far they come down in price especially if they sense you know more about the pricing and market for that item than they do. I can typically get the pricing down 25 - 30 % off the asking price in larger purchases - $500.00 or more. The initial price listed that you see is typically for "retail" customers. Believe me most dealers will have a minimum of 10% to move off that. I have gotten countless deals at up to 40% off the marked price at most Nationals.

I wouldn't miss this one especially in a new city like Baltimore. I am bringing my wife and daughter and making it into a semi vacation. I have a sports collectibles business so at least I can write off some of the expense. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by morgan118; 04-10-2010 at 02:33 AM.