View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Jon Canfield

Default T207 Red Cross Backs

I was reading the description of 1 of the 5 known Red Cross backed T207s in the REA auction and I noted that Rob made reference to the cards being distributed in Louisiana despite the factory designation of NJ on the reverses. I was curious as to how it was determined that these cards were distributed in Louisiana.

I'll begin with a disclaimer - I have no proof to the contrary. However, I actually find it sort of odd that the cards would be distributed in Louisiana. First, of the known cards, I believe all depict Chicago subjects. Second, I believe that 4 of the 5 known cards all originated in a single find in the early 1980's in the Louisiana area. Is this the reason for the Louisiana distribution theories? Couldn't it be equally as conceivable these cards were issued elsewhere, and the find ended up coming from Louisiana after the cards were relocated to Louisiana by a previous owner?

Thoughts, opinion, more info? Leon - also a perfect opportunity to post your card... again!