View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:44 PM

From the start, I have realized that this whole thing could have been avoided by my being more attentive and less hurried. The only thing that I'll say in my defense is that this is a commodity card, not some rare find in exceptional condition and I must have bid on a dozen before I won this one. And if another is up for sale tonight at the right price, I'll bid on it too. Not a justification, but an explanation why I apparently wasn't 100% focused on the task at hand. I clearly share the blame for this, which is why I offered to eat all of the shipping costs if he would take the card back. I would be penalized monetarily for not paying attention and he would lose nothing (unless he counts losing a sucker buyer as a loss, but that would take an admission on his part).

I don't hate oc cards, I hate being taken advantage of. Since I've been away for a while, I wanted to check here to see just how accepted this sort of stuff is nowadays and the many responses give me a feel for it. He used his cunning to get me to pay more for the card than it was worth. I'm going to use mine to try to get my money back.