View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set survey....show/tell of your's ?

[linked image]

Net54 reader's have emailed me with confirmed inputs of Dougherty (arm in air), Elberfeld (Wash-fielding), McIntyre (Brooklyn &
Chicago), Murphy (bat), and Reulbach (no glove) with BROAD LEAF 460 backs. Therefore, applying my "mutually exclusive" rules
for cards in the 350/460 series (as these 5 are), I do not expect to find any of these 5 cards with AB 460 backs.

As for John Frill, since he was reassigned from the Highlanders to Jersey City (July 1910), I imagine that his card is most likely an
AB 460 No Print. As, the AB 460 cards were printed in the Spring of 1911.

We've confirmed that there are 74 cards printed with AB 460 backs; and, I feel 99% confident that this is a complete run. As a
consequence of this survey we now know that there are certain correlations between 4 of the rare T206 backs. It is apparent
to me that the AB 460 and UZIT cards were printed concurrently (circa 1911), as the fronts of these two backs exactly coincide.

Furthermore, the BROAD LEAF 460 cards are from the 350/460 series and they share the exact fronts with the Red HINDU cards.

Finally, it has become obvious that cards in the 350/460 series with AB 460 and UZIT backs are mutually exclusive with the cards
with BL 460 and Red HINDU backs.

Understanding these front/back combo patterns are very meaningful to avid collectors of T206 sub-sets, player and/or team col-
lectors, etc., as they remove the guesswork in search of certain T206's. Also, in this era of re-backed T206's, one can instantly
determine if a front/back combo is legitimate by having this specific knowledge.

This has been a great 5-month ride. I want to thank all of you, who have contributed to this on-going survey these past 5 months.

TED Z