View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
First person to contact me gets priority. If they request an extra scan or something like that I have no problem giving them a few hours to make up their mind. I will however usually email the second person and let them know that if the first guys passes the item is theirs.

In my opinion you are asking for trouble on this board if you sell to the first person to say "I'll take it" as often that person will ask for more scans as well and I have even had people say they will take something only to change their mind. I want any buyer to be 100% comfortable with the item before they commit to anything. It's not worth pissing off the guy that contacts you first just because someone else came in later waving cash.

-Rhett

So by that logic, then its perfectly fine for me or any buyer on the BST to expect a seller to "hold" an item until im perfectly comfortable with buying it? That makes no sense to me. I dont sell cards on the BST, im a pure collector, but if I did list a card, the 1st person who was ready to make payment at my asking price would own the card. Not the 1st person to email me with a "let me think about it for awhile".