View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 06:16 AM

Default I think you're spot-on Scott.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtjoy View Post
I got to say I am in Barrys camp. Ebay has been good to me as a buyer and seller. It's not perfect but its many times better than the pre ebay days. While Ebays fee are not cheap they are very in line with the auction houses so why are people not complaining about them?

Right now is the best buyers market I have seen in the last 7 years on ebay, if you have the money to spend its easy to get many cards for bargin prices. I think a lot of the negative we hear is from sellers for the opposite reasons, its hard for many sellers to swallow taking a loss, they at least want what they paid even if the market has moved lower. In my case I used to run a lot of .99 auctions but now I am only using .99 in cases of cards I just want to sell at any price, the cards I dont want to lose money on I put at auction at the starting price I want to sell at and if it fails to get a bid it goes into my store as a BIN.

Not sure about the future but ebay has been pushing for more auctions these last two weeks with a couple specials for half price listing fees and I think under the new pricing scheme some people will get free auction listings. We shall see.
In my opinion, Scott has his thumb on the pulse of ebay regardless if you collect Baseball Cards, Pez, Fishing Lures, or Comics.

Good points all the way around Scott.

Best, Jimmy