Thread: Pawn Stars
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 AM

I've read the old History Channel / Pawn Stars Message Board (before they started over) after first watching the show months ago and Pawn Stars is basically a reality TV show. I take little merit in it's accuracy after reading what people have said about the show on there. If you go to the actual store, it doesn't look anything like it does on TV, and based on their web site, they mostly just sell low priced gold and silver. And their eBay store, well, that's mostly DVD's and collectibles based on the show, like signed attire and T-Shirts.

Here is the new Board and there is a post on the jersey and even links up to the famous N54:

http://community.history.com/forums/...awn-Stars.html

You see so many neat things on the show and you assume that the owners and employees know what they are talking about, and then you see this debacle and the 1967 Topps Pete Rose episode and you question things you are unfamiliar with. For me, how cool was that Paul Revere spoon?

The 1967 Topps Pete Rose episode made Rick look bad again. A guy brings in five (I think) in EX+-NM condition and Rick dismisses them as counterfeit because he can't believe the cards are in such nice shape. Like the Gehrig episode, it makes him look like a complete dolt.

You have to look at this show now like Survivor, any Flavor Flav outlet or any reality TV show. It's fun to watch, but you can't assume that what you are watching isn't in fact staged. And why does this guy who owned the Gehrig still have it on his site?

DanC

Last edited by danc; 03-11-2010 at 09:52 AM.