View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hey Quan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
will there be any buyer's protection against scammers?

edit: just read the T&C...under buyer protection all sellers must have a reimbursement method in file (i guess credit card?). will there be extra security if someone is listing a '32 US caramel Ruth in a PSA 6 that only accepts check/mo to make sure it's legit? anybody can buy a simon's giftcard and that acts like a credit card to register and run some scams.
Hey Quan
I believe a credit card or bank account is how we will have it set up to have some safeguard. That being said I don't think there is anyway to be 100% safe on the internet. Our site will be "caveat emptor" and of course we will help with issues as much as is legally possible. There will be a few things that should help, such as an ebay feedback option on the about me page and the fact bidders will be seen after the auctions are over. I would hope we get to a point of being as safe as our BST has been (knock on wood) and we will do our best to have it be a safe place. Other than that I am not sure any self serve site can give a 100% guarantee, or be liable....or we would have a bad business plan. As I said, hopefully it will be as safe as our BST. I would be very happy if it were. We are always open to suggestions for making things better so if you have an idea let me/us know. ..take care

edited to add that after speaking with my partner we are not positive of what we will keep on file. Some forms of information will involve incription that we might or might not want to do right away. We will leave no stone unturned in the security matter and try our best to make the venue as safe as possible.

Last edited by Leon; 03-06-2010 at 06:47 PM.