View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:01 PM

Default WOW! What can you do when someone copies an image of your card?

Scott is correct. This is not a reprint or a fake E98 Old Put Back. It is simply a scan of my card. I won the only E98 Wagner with an Old Put Stamp in the 2007 REA auction. You can see a picture of the back of my Wagner on the SGC Registry with the rest of my Old Put Backs or go into REAs Archives. The scary thing is how real it looks. I know it is a scan of my card because of the chip above Wagner's head and the crease in the lower left bottom. Also, the Old Put Stamp is in the exact position as mine on the back, so we know it is a scan, not a fake stamp which was stamped on a reprint.

Here is my question? DM Sportscards, how thick is it? Is it on cardboard the thickness of a real E98? The back of it has been exagerated in its staining. My Wagner, the real one, is much whiter/cleaner on the back. It doesn't have a stain line where the crease is on the lower corner.

This is the reason why I had a thread going last May where we tried to document all existing Old Put Backs in existence. I tried to get a scan of all the existing ones out there as well. This will help all of us, buyers, sellers, auction houses, grading companies, etc. authenticate real E98s with an Old Put back. As I stated in that thread, I'm not saying that when one pops up in the future it is a fake, but it will have to be highly scrutinized without the provenance of its previous documentation.

This is where we left off with the thread. The names/owners of the cards are on the previous thread therefore, I put them on this post. If you have any to add or scans please provide:

5 Blues with an Old Put back
1. Clarke Leon's
2. Dooin Mine, I purchased from Rob A. this summer.
3. Dooin Collector who wishes to be anonymous
4. Kling Collector who wished to be anonymous

14 Reds with an Old Put back
1. Chance On the SGC Registry
2. Cobb Mine SGC 40 Bought REA 2009
3. Wagner Mine SGC 30 Bought REA 2007
4. Brown Mine SGC 30 Bought from Toby Peterson 2007, from H & S 2007
5. Brown Collector who wishes to be anonymous
6. McGraw Mine SGC 30 Bought 19th Century Only 2009, Used to be Rob
Adesso's I believe
7. Young Mine SGC 30 Bought from Scott Brockelman 2008
8. Collins Mine PSA 2 Bought from Mastro 2008
9. Bresnahan Leon's
10. Myers I saw it in a Festberg Auction around 2000 I think.
11. Clarke It was TBOB's but it was lost in shipping. (Sorry to bring that
up again Bob) If it comes up again, IT IS BOB's!
12. Vaughn Board member gabinus
13. Mack Bruce Babcock's
14. Mullin Board member Hal Kaplan provided a scan of it, but he stated
that it is not his card.

Well, that is 18 total confirmed. Of course there are probably more out there, but these are the ones our forum members have confirmed.

Last edited by Tim Kindler; 02-14-2010 at 07:11 PM.