View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
James Gallo

Dan,

Wait a sec, what is the issue here exactly?

Ebay removed the seller being able to leave feedback ages ago, it's total BS and if I could I would leave several negs a month for people that act just like your buyer did. Hell I have had people buy something, then tell me right away then didn't want it and I end up getting a neg.

The new dispute system is better for sellers to a point, all you have to do is file it and wait 4 days, then you close it and you get your fees back. The buyer will get an unpaid item strike, if they get a lot of them 3-5 in a short period they get suspended or banned from ebay. That is about the only way to get rid of a buyer at this point.

I can understand you being pissed but this isn't anything new and I deal with it often.

Leon,

You may have to get someone to prove it is fake, but you should just file a dispute with paypal and go throw the motions. It's a bitch but that is the way it is.

Ironically I shipped something to England on Dec 3, it was stuck in customs for 3 weeks and then the buyer never tried to track the package down even after I gave them tracking. Long story short the idiot never got the package but changed the dispute from not received to not as described, they never provided tracking as it just got bounced back to me and paypal gave me my money back, so it worked out ok.

At this point as a seller I just take stuff back when and if I have problems, as a buyer I make sure I am happy and if I am not I do what needs to be done. I don't like screwing peoples DSR's but at this point the seller has to take care of problems, otherwise there dog meat.

The thing that pisses me off most is the new fees and the sellers with thousands of negs that are still selling cause they have tens of thousands of positives.

Rant over. Plain English is EBAY SUCKS and I want grandslambids now !!

James G

Last edited by JamesGallo; 02-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.